Irish coffee cake
When you are a coffee lover but the occasion is for the cake. Here’s a recipe for you – Irish Coffee Cake.
How to bake Irish coffee cake
For Irish coffee cream :
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup condensed milk
2 tblsp milk
1 tblsp sugar
1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp coffee powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For cake :
3/4 cup flour
1 tblsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1tsp instant coffee powder
2 tblsp Irish coffee cream (preparation method given )
For frosting :
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tblsp Irish coffee cream
For caramelised almonds :
1/8 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup sugar
Method to make Irish coffee cake
1. Blend all the ingredients for the Irish coffee cream in the blender
2. Preheat oven to 180 degree C
3. Seperate the egg whites and yolk
4. In a bowl add all the flour , baking powder ,baking soda and cocoa powder and mix well
5. Beat the egg yolk and powdered sugar until creamy and egg becomes pale in colour
6. Add the melted butter , buttermilk and 2 tblsp of the Irish coffee cream into it
7. Mix 1tsp coffee powder mixed with i1 tblsp hot water . Add this into the batter
8. Add the dry ingredients now
9. Beat the egg whites with granulated sugar and vanilla essence until stiff peaks form .
10. Mix the egg whites with the batter
11. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
12. Bake for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
13. Let the cake cool
For caramelised almonds :
1. Heat the sugar in a pan until all the sugar is melted and becomes brown in colour.
2. Add the chopped almonds into this and roast for 1-2 mins.
3. Pour this onto a butter paper . Once it becomes hard break it into small pieces .
For the frosting :
1. Whip the cold cream in a cold bowl. Add 2 tblsp Irish coffee cream in between . Whip on low speed until soft peaks form .
2. Frost the cake with whipping cream and keep it in the fridge for 1-2 hours
3. Also keep the rest of the Irish coffee cream in the fridge
4. Now pour the rest of the coffee cream on top of the cake
5. Decorate with the caramelised almonds
Did you like the recipe? Please rate and review this recipe below.
Connect with me on Foodnetizens for collaboration or details
Follow me on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Irish coffee cake 😋😋 Pic credits @manu.aravind Dm for recipe #internationalcoffeeday #internationalcoffeeday2020 #worldcoffeeday#irishcoffeecake#coffeecake#cakes#coffeelover#cakelover#cakesofinstagram#cakestagram#bakesofinstagram#bakersofinstagram#bakestagram#dessertlovers#dessertsofinstagram#dessertstagram#instafood#foodstagram#foodphotography#bakinglovers#bakinglove#quarantinebakes#quarantinebaking#fooduniya#cookitupwithsniggis#whatscooking101#yummy_jungle_#foodycinema #_crafted_culinary #foodculture25 @cook_roo_koo
Sign-up to collect FPS (Foodnetizens Point System) and get surprises on the milestones achieved.