India has a lots of variety of cultures and traditions. That also reflects in her food items. This appetizer food – Funke is one of the delicious Indian traditional recipe of Khandesh region.
Indian traditional recipe of Khandesh region- Funke
Chana Daal -1 cup
Moong Daal -1/2 cup
Green chilles -6to 7
Onion -1 or 1/2 depending on size
Carom seeds-1 tsp
Fennel seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Cilantro -as per you liking
Cumin seeds -1 /2tsp
Salt- As per taste
1. Soak Chana daal and Moong daal sepereatly in a water for 6 hours.
2. Take all the water out and grind them together with green chillies or green thecha if you like.
3. Add carom seeds , fennel seeds, diced onion, Clinatro, cumin seeds , turmeric and salt in the grinded mixture mix them all together.
4. Make balls out of them and Steam in Instant pot for 15 minutes or any steamer avaliable .
5. Check them if they are doneby insterting a knife or a toothpick. If it comes out clean it is cooked.
6. Shallow fry them if you like (it is optional)
7. Serve them with hot Kadhi and Rice.
Tip – Serve it with hot oil tadka to enhance the flavour.
Follow me on Instagram
Connect, chat and follow me on Foodnetizens