DORAYAKI – Healthy Sweet Dish – Japanese Recipe
DORAYAKI is a healthy option for people on a #weightloss regime to satisfy their sweet tooth. It is a Japanese dish basically a pancake sandwich which is rich in protein & vitamins.
100 grams red kidney beans
50 grams brown sugar or to taste
1 tsp. salt or to taste
1 cup Almond flour
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
2 or 3 Eggs
1/4 cup water
30 grams brown sugar
Oil to fry pancakes (Olive oil or Coconut Oil)
1. Soak the red beans in water for 8 hours approx. Drain and rinse the red kidney beans until all the bubbles are gone.
2. Now boil the red beans with fresh water until they are ripe (approx 35 minutes), stir ocassionally. Once beans are ripe, add brown sugar and salt. Gently cook the mixture over medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, just enough to warm it.
3. Now remove the mixture from heat and blend it with an electric hand-held blender until it becomes a paste.
Your filling is done!
1. In a bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, brown sugar, eggs and water to form a batter consistency. Cover it with a plastic wrap for 10-15 minutes. After letting it rest, add some water until it reaches a dropping consistency.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat with oil. Pour pancake batter in the pan and cook until the edges start turning firm while the surface is set but still wet (1-2 minutes). Another indicator to know when it is ready to be flipped is when it stops sizzling. Flip over and cook for a few more minutes, until it is golden brown.
Pancakes may puff up a bit. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
Spoon a small amount of the paste on to one pancake, spread it evenly. Put more of the bean paste on, if you want. To finish, put another pancake on top, making a sandwich. Clamp its edges with fingers.
❤️Serve and enjoy your Dorayaki!❤️
Connect with me on Foodnetizens
Follow me on Instagram
Manisha Sharma (@nutritiongenie) • Instagram photos and videos