Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
For the Crust:
120 gm Oreo biscuit
50 gm unsalted butter, melted
170 gm dark chocolate melted
340 gm full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoon unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk , at room temperature
6 tablespoon heavy cream, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
150 gm dark chocolate finely chopped
25 gm butter room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 163°C . Grease the bottom and sides of a spring formpan. Wrap the outside of the pan in layers of aluminum foil. You’ll be placing this pan in a water bath, so be sure the pan has been wrapped from every angle.
2. In a mixing jar add the Oreo biscuits and melted butter and mix until it becomes powdery . Pat the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Set the pan on a wire rack and cool the crust completely.
1. In the bowl using a beater or blender , mix the the cream cheese until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 2 minutes. Add in both sugars and cocoa powder and beat smooth. Add in the eggs, egg yolk, and heavy cream and mix until just combined, about 20 seconds. Fold in the chocolate. Finally add in the vanilla and mix for another 20 seconds.
2. Scrape the filling over the partially baked crust in the prepared pan.
3. Place the springform pan in a roasting pan or large baking pan. Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and pour enough hot water into the pan to come 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Bake the cheesecake in the water bath for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the centre of the cake is set but still slightly jiggly. The cake will set completely as it cools.
5. Remove the cake from the water bath and place the pan on a wire rack. Carefully loosen the foil, then immediately run the tip of a knife around the sides of the pan, to prevent the top from cracking. Cool completely (in the pan), then transfer cheesecake to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours before removing from the pan and slicing.
1 Add chopped chocolate to a medium bowl; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-heat, bring the cream to a low simmer. (Be careful not to boil) Pour half of the cream on top of the chocolate pieces and set aside for 1 minute. With a whisk, begin to incorporate the melted chocolate into the cream. Slowly add the remaining cream and continue carefully whisking until smooth and glossy.
3. Add in the butter and use a spatula to stir until the butter is completely melted. also add the vanilla essence . The mixture will be dark and glossy. Set aside, at room temperature, until needed.
4. Pour ganache over cooled cheesecake. Set aside until ganache is set, about 1 hour.
5. To serve, slice the cheesecake with a thin-bladed sharp knife, wiping the knife clean between each cut.
Follow me on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
Chocolate cheesecake 😋 Pic credits @manu.aravind Dm for recipie #cheesecake#chocolatecheesecake#chocolatelover#chocolatedessert#dessertlover#dessertsofinstagram##instafood#foodstagram#bakinglove#bakersofinstagram#foodphotography#pastry#dessertstagram#quarantinebaking#quarantinebakes#bakesofinstagram#obsessedwithfoodandart#cheesecakesofinstagram#BuzzFeast#homechefsofindia#hmfoodietraveller#the_bong_street_eater#71foodsite#chroniclesofcuisine#shebakes#bigfattmmy#yesindiafoods#bestfoodpics_ @homechefsofindia @jane_littlegourmet @ndtv_food @thefeedfeed @bhookanya @food__diaries____ @twogourmetchefs @foodies_frame @heaven_of_delights @sundargarhmirror #fooduniya @happy_go_foodiiiee
Connect with me on Foodnetizens: